Global IES 4D Method
4D Education for the Mind, Body, Heart, and Soul.
The 21st century child is confronted with an enormous amount of expectations, and with these expectations comes an abundance of information. All this incoming information needs to be sifted, new skills need to be mastered, new found knowledge needs to be understood, and the related connections need to be discovered. And at the same time, children’s daily schedules are packed to the brim, and in many cases overflowing. Their weekends are planned with social activities and their holidays are filled with outings and travel.
Our Demands Outweigh our Time and Methods
We are asking more and more of our children, both inside and outside of school, and in less time. Critical thinking, creative thinking, digital understanding, physical purpose, inquiry, nutrition, health, music, movement, are but a few of the many criteria in demand. Multilingualism is becoming the norm and technology the medium of communication.
With this load to bear, why is education still one dimensional? Our demands beg the following questions:
● Critical thinking: Why aren’t students allowed the power to critique?
● Creative thinking: Why aren’t the arts and social/Emotional skills
the foundation of all curriculums?
● Digital thinking: Why isn’t technology an integral part of all
● Multilingualism: Why are languages still being taught as subjects?
Large funds are being poured into education toward the formulation of two dimensional methods, in most, to one extreme or another. But how are our children expected to excel in all areas that need to be mastered if we are not setting the right scene for true learning?
Education managements are attempting to slot in the new needs within a framework that is no longer viable, creating an unharmonious box in which both students and teachers have to congest their thinking.
Instead, an eclectic structure needs to be implemented. One that allows the child to follow their learning according to their personal instinct. The Global IES 4D Method offers a four dimensional structure that accommodates the needs of children in this era and teaches a mindset for learning.
The Global IES 4D Method assures that:
● A child’s pleasure in achievement and confidence in personal abilities is made possible
● A child is allowed the opportunity to develop at his or her own pace, to see difficulties as
challenges, to take pride in personal achievements and to explore and extend abilities
● A child learns to channel his or her thinking, ask relevant questions, plan and work
toward specific goals and objectives, manage their own time, and develop the application of skills
The Global IES 4D Method allows for choice in learning. The choice is not what children learn, but rather how they learn.
Accommodation of Individual Needs
The programme offers a structure that channels toward specific objectives. However, within the structure, there is flexibility and the accommodation of a child’s individual needs.
● Children are able to choose the manner in which they reach understanding.
● Children choose the medium in accordance with their way of thinking.
● The teacher’s role is to lay a solid foundation and then to guide the students in their specific manner of learning. Children are taught to use an instinctive mindset to achieve learning.
● Children are tested on what they have learnt, as opposed to what they should have learnt.
● The level of understanding is continually assessed and discussed with the children in order to determine what has been learned, and what has not yet been understood. Children become aware of their knowledge and are able to utilise their skills to empower their understanding.
● The mixed ages in the group elicit an optimal pedagogic response. It sets an environment for varied spectrum.
From One Dimensional to Cohesive Learning
The Global IES 4D Method accommodates all types of learners and demonstrates an educative manner of thinking. Accelerated learners are inspired to keep advancing and the struggling students are allowed the time to reach understanding without the stress of having to keep up with the expected level. Children learn to take control of their education and to have pleasure in their learning.
The box is open, the setting is authentic, globalisation and technology are incorporated, and the arts are the foundation, which inspires an integral 4D cohesion.
“ Everything is easy, once you know how”. GIES